Monday, May 07, 2007

But I'm not an ambiturner

Most of you know my handicap with directions.

Now, apparently, I share a common trait with Derek Zoolander of Zoolander fame.

I went sailing after work today. It was a light wind day, so I took the boat out on my own again just for some practice. As it turns out, I dont know how to tack (turning left or right heading upwind). I would get decent momentum, but end up stuck in the middle of the water when my boat is facing directly into the wind. I would change directions a bit and try it again.
This happened a few times before I would give up.

So to turn, I would jibe (meaning turning left or right heading downwind). I would do a full turn so it'd end up going the right direction

Here's in illustration of what happens.


I'm so lame.

No comments: