Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pretty Sweet Weekend...and it's not even over yet

I'm having a blast this weekend. Thought I'd share the awesomeness

It's been a wonderful couple of days here in Boston. The weather is amazingly warm. Thursday and Friday was pretty miserable, completely muggy and hot.

Thankfully on Friday night, my friend Alison invited some girls over to her apartment to watch the first season of Entourage. I had not watched the show before, but have heard great things about it. Let me say that it did not disappoint. I was hilarious. The worst of all was that I know of all the places that they visit. I squealed witih joy when Drama was sipping from a cuup which I recognized was from In N Out. Then, there was another scene where the guys were having brunch at Urth Cafe. One of my best memories from undergrad was at Urth Cafe.. They have the best desserts there.

Saturday started with an awesome pancake breakfast, hosted by the ever-awesome Dave Rhee. He went all out with the toppings, fresh fruits, etc. Although he's usually a stickler for culinary superiority, he opted for insta-pancake mix. The pancakes came out amazingly magnificently thin yet soft.

Then, we all walked to the Hatch Shell for Earthfest, a hippy, Whole Foods sponsored outdoor concert. Guster and KT Tunstall played. It was a little bit of a walk, but the sights and sounds of Boston's Back Bay kept us occupied. When we got there, the place was PACKED. Luckily, we found a little spot underneath a tree, a bit far from the stage, and just camped out there for a few hours. Just enjoyed lovely company of my classmates and the nice weather.

After that, went out later that night to Sissy K's, but went home early b.c the strobe light was giving me a headache.

Today, I slept til noon. Alison and I went shopping at H&M. She had a 25% off coupon. So I walked to the one at Newbury and met up with her there. I bought this really simple black jersey dress that fits amazingly well, a white skirt (b/c it's summer!), a three halter tops. I may return one of them since I know realized that i'd never need that many halters. But they were super cheap....I'm torn. I also picked up two hand bags. One looks like a large brown canvas tote (but stylized), the other is a medium black purse. It's simple and should serve as an important intermediate from my small black clutches. You know, when you want to carry more than just cell phone, keys, and wallet, but dont want something too big.

After that, I went to lab for a bit. My mice were super cooperative, so I got to leave there earlier than normal.

As I was walking home, I came across this stash of used books on the sidewalk. The owner had marked it as free. I went through the stack and found a couple of gems. Brought home two David Sedaris (Naked and Barrel Fever), and a couple of random titles. Maybe i'll read the others eventually.

On the way back, an old friend called. It's great to catch up with him.

Finally, I spent the rest of the night at a friend's place with their impromptu barbeque. They ventured into making banana cheesecake icecream. Came out surprisingly well!

Plans for tomorrow include dinner at Masa and outting to the MFA for the Edward Hopper exhibit (on sale for $6)

Hopefully, I'll wake up early enough for a jog. I had intended to exercise more this week, but because the weather had been miserably hot during the week, and I'm also feeling sick and coughing a lot, I haven't done anything. That's why I've been trying to make up for it by walking everywhere possible. Today was a perfect day to run, but I was running out of time

What's in store for the upcoming week? It's the Genetics Retreat in Newport, RI. Rumor has it that there will be a lobster dinner. I can't wait!

No comments: