Sunday, September 17, 2006

Back from the Retreat

The Retreat at Provincetown was a lot of fun. The weather predictions had been poor so having all the sun at the cape was very much welcomed. For those who don't know, Provincetown is at the very tip of Cape Cod. It's about 3 hours from Boston, and it is super gay friendly. There are more stores for guy's clothes than girls clothes, outnumbered about 5:1. It also has a lot of antique stores and art galleries. The atmosphere is just as you would expect from a East Coast little beach town. Very quaint.

I have some cool pictures. Just thought I'd share them



Outside my room


Along the beach. The people in the pic are some other first-year grad students like me.


Funny signs for the garden! Maybe for my cell cultures too.


Found this in the middle of a Zen Garden store in P-town.


First-years doing "I Will Survive" on Karaoke. Note: Old Guy in the back is one of the directors of our graduate program.


Some Roommate love! Left is Rebecca, Right is Adrienne.


Outside at night. That's a tower, not a light house. There were fireworks too, but those pics didn't come out too well.

So yes, in the end, you can tell we clearly talked a lot about science at this retreat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool weekend, Syl! Definitely not in Kansas, I mean California, anymore. -Kar