Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Boston Adventure

I've been in Boston a few days and it has been great to me. I had orientation yesterday, which was long and brutal, full of boring administrative stuff. However, it was very cool to finally meet all my other colleagues. At night, the program rented out some space at this bar near Fenway Park that had pool and a bowling alley. It's sort of like a D&B, but without all the kids and the arcades.

Today was a free day, which meant some roaming around. I've experienced first hand that Boston is very walkable, but you can get lost easily if you don't know where you're going. That's because many of the streets do not run in a grid. Yes, Boston streets have no civil planning.

Also went to my first Red Sox game. Although the Sox lost terribly to the other Sox, I've noticed that the Boston crowd is really enthusiastic. The atmosphere is definitely more lively than at any of the other three baseball games I've been to.

Here are some pictures from today's adventures

Downtown Boston in the Day


Office Building


Church next to Office Building


Another Church


Harvard Medical School


Inside Fenway Park


Downtown Boston at Night


Ada, I know that you really want to see my apartment, I'll get to those soon!

No comments: