Friday, September 01, 2006

First day in Boston

A few things

1) Red eye flights suck when it's not a direct flight
My first stop was at Atlanta and it was 2am at LA when I arrived. To make it worst, my insomnia the previous night messed up my circadian cycle. End result: 1hr sleep on plane. On the second leg of the flight, I had ever intention to just sleep straight through. That was until the passenger who sat next to me began to tell me her life story and how she loves her dog. I hope to never become her. Seriously, I didn't have the patience to patronize her.

2) Boston is beautiful
I think I lucked out with the weather today. It was sunny and a brisk low 70s. Driving along the Charles as I exited onto Mass Ave definitely made me love this city already. It feels exciting and lively and very great jogging city!

3) Apartment Location is MONEY!
I'm a block in from Central Square. I have a lot of stores and restaurants at my fingertips. It's lovely to be 2 blocks for a organic co-op market, and 5 minutes from a Shaw's. It's a tad far from campus but the shuttle stop is just a block away. Oh yeah, the apart is smaller than the one I had in LA, but at least I get my own room!

4) Roommates are great.
Finally met Rebecca and re-met Adrienne. Both are super nice. Rebecca put up with me in ikea and getting a bed

5) Sept 1st in Ikea is hellish
Everything is out of stock because that's when EVERYONE is moving in. I missed out on two mattress from Ikea.

6) Bed
I got a pretty sweet bed. It cost a little bit more, but I didnt wanna put up with any more price shopping. It was a bit out of my budget, but the one that was one lower was just crap. At least this one, I definitely like. Best part, I will have it on Sunday!

That's it, peeps, I'll post pictures later.I'm dead tired and functioning on 3hr sleep and 1 cup of coffee at noon. Small victories make me super happy. I'm probably pretty deluded.

No comments: