Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Feeling a bit low about work

Lately, I've been feeling a bit unmotivated with work. It's great that I'm busy with trying to get a few projects off the ground. However, it's been very hectic and has certainly taken a toll on my attitude. I feel rushed to get these projects going. This is bad because I'm quite absent-minded and sloppy. I'm not one of those naturally meticulous people. I'm more of a bumbling fool. It took me a while to learn to not be sloppy in my old lab. However, this is a new lab with all new techniques, which makes it difficult for me to anticipate problems that may creep up. I'm reluctant to go too fast. Especially with these experiments, mistakes are time consuming and costly. To repeat them would be frowned upon.

Last year, I remember thinking how great it would be to just leave work and not have to think about it when I'm at home. I would love to spend my weekends visiting art museums or taking a walk in the park. Now, I realized that I may have relinquished these opportunities for the next six years.

No comments: