Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year, Everyone!

I decided to make myself a Chinese new year feast. Since I can't eat it alone, I invited Rebecca and her bf's roommates for it.

Here's the menu

Snacks
1. Coconut meat shreds
2. Fried dumplings with peanut and sesame filling
3. New years cake!

Dinner
1. BBQ pork (bought)
2. Chicken (bought)
3. Enoki mushrooms wrapped in beef
4. Greens and oyster sauce
5. Steamed cod with awesome soy sauce
6. Almond Jello!

It was crazy going into Chinatown to get these items. There were so many people there. The BBQ restaurant was jammed pack. I had to wait outside for 20 minutes before I could go in and order. For whatever reason, I wanted to get myself a roast pork suckling even though I never eat much of it. All along the streets were flower vendors trying to pander off a variety of festive florals. Since I fed 6 people, I didn't have any leftovers, except for Jello pudding.

Today, I was very lazy. I did absolutely nothing. I'm so bored that I actually did homework. Normally I'd go out for a walk or something, but I felt a bit sick, so I stayed in.

Anyhow, happy Chinese new year everyone, Health and prosperity to all y'all.

No comments: