Saturday, April 07, 2007

Holding Loose, Ain't Letting Go

Had a pretty eventful night last night.

First, went to a concert at the Avalon. It had John McLoughlin, Matt Wertz, and Steven Kellogg and the Sixers. Each of these bands were pretty good.

J.M. was a solo act with a piano. It's pretty cool to hear him play the piano, since it's so uncommon. He was very talented and at times, super intense.

M.W. is probably my favorite act, mostly because I had some "training", that is to say, I've listened to some of his stuff and really liked it. My favorite song by far is 5:19. Definitely digging it.

SKn6 actually was a very fun act to see. Although I heard some of their stuff before hand, I thought it was great that they actually put a nice spin on their songs. Live shows need to feature something that's not found on an album, and SKn6 definitely put on a good show. All the songs had this country-folk tinge, which was not that apparent on the album. Overall, the lead singer (SK) had a fun stage personality. Oh yeah, super cool that his bandmates were had good solos too! The guitarist can shred! (Actually, I'm not sure what "shredding" means, but I'm sure it's something that means "good on guitar")

After the concert, I met up with some classmates to head out dancing at Gypsy Bar. Actually a really fun place. The DJ has ADD. He plays about a quarter of every song, but he segues into the next song really well. I find it really nice because you just listen to the best first part of the song and not get tired of it. Plus, great mix of songs!

That's my night.

I better get to work now. I have a paper to write up. Mus stop procrastinating.

No comments: