Thursday, June 21, 2007

But it's so yummy!

There are times where I will cannot say no to good food while fully aware that it may be bad for me.

There's a paper published in PNAS, a scientific journal, titled "Amyloidogenic potential of foie gras". For those who don't know, amyloid aggregates are a hallmark of Alzheimer's and Mad Cow Disease. In short, this article suggests that there are proteins within foie gras that has the potential to seed these amyloid aggregates.

I guess I'll be taking my chances

2 comments:

Dave said...

I'm glad someone else shares my sentiments when it comes to foie gras =D.

Money Hangry (Hungry+Angry) said...

Denny Crane has Mad Cow Disease on Boston Legal and look how successful he is! If he can make it as a champion lawyer than you'll be alright. And when you're 60 - 80 and get Alzheimer's, it's ok cause there's not much you need to remember anyways. You'll by living the carefree life like that of a goldfish with the memory span of 5 seconds. Ignorance is bliss, you'll finally be happy in your old decrepit age!