Sunday, June 10, 2007

Singaporean Fried Noodles and Honey Walnut Shrimp

Yesterday, I woke up and thought to myself, "What am I going to do today?" Now that classes are over, I have a lot of disposable time. So much that I don't know what to do with. Ironically, this is exactly what I've been waiting for since classes started - time where I do not have to think about work once I'm done with it.

Recently, I've been very lazy with cooking. So I decided to spend this weekend cooking. Yesterday, after going into work for a little bit, I went to the supermarket to get some ingredients. Might as well work on self-cultivation, you know!

I finally set my epicurean ambitions into motion today. Here's what I've made

Singaporean Fried Noodles


This dish still needs some work. Mainly, there's very little flavor unless you add some soy sauce. That's all perfectly okay, but it masks the light hint of curry flavoring and spiciness this dish calls for. Also, will use less vermicilli next time. There's too much of it and I'm not able to make it as flavorful. Also, cook onions longer before adding everything else into the mix

Honey Walnut Shrimp



One of the more staple dishes in Chinese restaurants, especially when it comes to 10+ - people family dinners. Aside from the deep frying of the shrimp, it is also surprisingly easy to make. Yes, my apartment smells like oil

----

So after making all this food, I'm actually not that hungry and I'm eating this for dinner




Irony....*sigh*

1 comment:

Sharona said...

I can't believe you made all that delicious-looking food and then had a corn on the cob for dinner!