Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Returning to Real Blogging

Lately, I've been posting links and stories that I find terribly amusing and not so much about me. Clearly as a blogger, I place myself above all others and I love to talk about me because I am the most important, I must indulge my narcissism a bit by once again, returning to my favorite topic of all, ME!

In months past, I had exercised incredible restraint, refraining from both Dunkin' and Starbucks. A can of coffee grounds lasts me three weeks and costs me about a venti-caramel macchiato. That's so much money saved.

However, I've become a sucker for muffins and ice coffee. I stop doing coffee in the mornings at home because the coffee was hot and it was too warm to have hot coffee. Plus, it just doesnt' go well with yogurt and granola or cereal. Instead, I decide to skip breakfast at home, take the first M2 I can get my butt on because I'm already late (a recent knack for rolling out of bed at 9:20) I get on campus at around 10:30 and conveniently between the bus stop and my lab is a little coffee shop. They serve cold starbucks coffee for 1.50 and a muffin for 1.50 (always banana nut or blueberry) As a student, I exercise my Crimson cash and get a 20% discount.

Much cheaper than dunkin or starbucks, I say to myself. However, it's gotten bad. In the last two weeks, I have eaten every breakfast at this coffee shop or at Dunkin' (on the weekends mostly) It's always the two donut+ice coffee combo. Most peopel can resist eating both donuts, but I can not. My once-about-to-be-svelte-stomach has gone to waste. Alas I am undone.

Now I'm trying to get back on track with the coffee. I'll make coffee the night before and put it in the fridge. Or I can just add a crap load of ice to it (as long as I make it super dark) Hopefully, I'll stave off eating that muffins/donuts. That's what really doing me in.

1 comment:

Money Hangry (Hungry+Angry) said...

GIVE IN to temptation! JUST GIVE IN!!!!