Saturday, March 03, 2007

Snowboarding!

No pictures, but I did go snowboarding today. This is my second time and there is definite improvement from my first time about 3 years ago. This time, I managed to get down this beginner slope without falling at all. This is in contrast to the first time, where I just got a great upper body workout because I was so busy pushing myself up after falling.

So, I'm getting comfortable with snowboard, but I still need to work on it. The problem is that I'm doing well the toe side in stance. It started with just not fearing falling on my stomach. I can't do heel side in at all. For whatever reason, I can't seem to adjust my body weight on my heels as I can on my toes (naturally). Obviously, since I can't do one of the stances, I can't interchange between them with ease.

My right calf and ankle are super sore as a result. I've been on my tippy toes all day. It started cramped and hurting on the first run, but I was reassured that it happens. I kept on going. I can't imagine what sort of pain I would be in tomorrow.

I also kept on stopping by falling forward onto my knees. If i get an epic bruise, I'm gonna blog that.

After a full day of snowboarding. I'm tired out. Even though there are plans to go out to a dance club to celebrate a friend's bday, I just can't imagine standing on my feet any longer. I'm going to take a nice night in and catch up on a movie.

I'm glad I'm actually getting better. I think there's serious potential

1 comment:

Sharona said...

Yay for improvement! Things seems so much better when there's tangible progress.