Monday, August 14, 2006

Nice Cannes

Bonjour!

I'm in Cannes right now. We drove in last night from Spain. Much to talk about!

First off, Barrcelona was great. The city was so unique in architecture and style. Very few tall buildings. after a quick morning driving tour, we had a walking tour of the Barri Gotic, the Gothic Quarter. Our tour guide gave us a bit of history lesson, which allowed me to put Barcelona in a better perspective. Then, went to Parc Guell. The park was designed by Gaudi, so it really looks like something to be found underwater in a coral reef.

After the Parc, I went shopping back at the Barri Gotic. Must say that I love shopping in Barcelona. A lot of fashionable shops with very affordable clothes. The souvenirs also has more character to them. Love te shopping in Barcelona!

At around 5, it rained really hard for almost 2 hours. I went to an ice cream parlor and another department store instead. Personally, I think that it's a great choice. When it stopped pouring, I continued my trek down Las Ramblas, the main boulevard in Barcelona. It was filled with street performers, but it had too any of the same sort of souvenir shops.

After that I walked to Port Olimpic to meet up with others from the tour for dinner. Barely made it in the nick of time, b/c all of them went to a flamenco dance show. For dinner, we all shared paella and some sangria. Regrettably, I didn't really have tapas in Barcelona.

After dinner, we went to the Font Magica, the dancing fountain in front of the royal palace. That was amazing!!! Bellagio could not even compare. too bad I can't share the pics with you guys right now.

After that, went clubbing back at Port Olimpic. The club Baja was okay. All bartenders were in bikinis and swim trunks. Every so often, the'd get up and do this really lame dane. I thought the music sucked b/c the DJ was spinning terribly, putting in adlibs that were bad and made awkward transitions. The club next door, Shoko was way better with its house music. For a moment, had to babysit this stupid 18 year old on the tour because she was super-trshed and insisted on finding a guy. I am so annoyed with her immaturity. Left the clubs at 4:30, but had the most wretched time finding a cab back home. Got back to the canmpsite at 5:30 am, with just enough time to pack and shower before departure at 8 am. Definitely a fun night!


Anyhow, must jet now. After lunch, I'm heading over to Nice! Later tonight, the tour is going over to Monte Carlo. We're going to get all decked out for it! My gambling itch is starting already!

No comments: