Monday, August 21, 2006

Uninvited guest ruins dinner

I was just at dinner, having a really good Italian meal in a restaurant that had a great atmosphere. Alan and I were reflecting on our lives and the trip itself. When we were about 3/4 done, this British lady who sat next to us decided that she needed tell us that we were the most spoiled children that she has ever met before running off.

Now, I'm angry because she had no right to just jump in in the conversation and offer her opinion. Especially when she didn't know the context of the experience itself.

And

I'm confused because I'm not sure what part of the conversation made her feel this way about us.

It ruined the night.

I'm glad she didn't stay long enough to enjoy the conviviality of the restaurant. After she left, the table behind us had a birthday and the owners sang happy birthday to the birthday girl and offered free champagne around the house.

No comments: